High performance customized pitch systems as well as standard systems for all sizes of wind turbines and tidal turbines
An electrical pitch system essentially consists of the pitch drives, the inverter and the pitch control. In addition, there are the accumulators and ultra-caps as a back-up system so that a turbine can be safely driven out of the wind even in the event of a grid failure.
In terms of power control, pitch systems are crucial for turbine performance because they turn the rotor blades as optimally as possible into the wind, depending on the wind speed and direction. The pitch angle increases with increasing wind speed and influences the lift force of the rotor blades in such a way that the wind turbine remains constantly in the range of its rated power.
- On- and offshore incl. tidal solutions
- Power range from 750kW to 15 MW
- Approval according to UL 508C and CSA C22.2 No. 14-10
- Universally applicable
- Highly flexible systems
- Both battery and self-developed UltraCap backup solutions
- Hot-, cold and normal climate version
- Spare parts supply over the entire turbine lifecycle up to 30 years
- Design to cost